a prayerful plea

I named this Practicing Gratitude because it takes practice.  Being grateful.....I am so grateful for that list that is right on the surface.....the automatics, the "gimme's".....I truly and reverently am.  I am grateful for my family, my health, my work, my life......

Tonight I am grateful and hopeful for prayer.  I need some prayers, people.  I know that if my kiddo sees this post he is gonna be mad so please just don't comment on it (as much as I like the comments).  Please just pray.  This is not a life or death request....its just a mama asking for prayers for her kiddo kind of request.

Jeremiah got hurt last fall ice skating.  He tweeked his knee and it swelled up and hurt and he was at state volleyball and not home.  I freaked out....the mamas that were there took care of him....I called our local physical therapist but it ended up being ok.  His knee injury that day re-occured a few different times....and this past week while I was in Arizona he let me know it happened again, it swelled up again and he asked to go to see our physical therapist.  I called that day from Arizona and made the appointment.  He went in today. 

Jeremiah has a pretty significant injury to his knee.  We made a plan to do physical therapy for a month and wear a brace but surgery is a strong possibility.....with a 6 month recovery.  I'm just mad.  Lord, give it to me.  Give him full restoration of his body and let him be strong and healthy and able to do soccer and baseball and football and run and play.  He needs it more than I do.  Let me carry the injury and let him be strong and well....

Jeremiah has had more than his share of injury and recovery and adversity....he needs a long season to be strong and well.....so that He can see and hear God clearly and not through the pain and frustration that he has had too much of.  I know God can speak and move through pain....I'm asking that it not be so for Jeremiah.  Not now.  Not again. 

I did some reflecting on lent and some praying and some work....and I came up with a plan for focusing in on Jesus this season of Lent.....and I am willing to sacrifice and work......and I am asking that in this season of Lent that anyone who happens to be reading can also add prayer to their lenton work.....please pray for Jeremiah.  Pray that the work he does in physical therapy will restore him to full healing and strength. 

If he happens to one day find the post maybe he will see my plea for healing for him....and if he is healed he will understand that the call to prayer is powerful and effective...and that the Lord sometimes gives a yes......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resilience

Turning on a new lamp

Practice makes perfect....not really...practice is practice.